Saturday, January 8, 2011

school holiday makeovers


here are a couple of pics from around our bedroom. my wonderful husband painted it up in Antique White USA. i am loving the change from the blue it was before.

i am thinking about changing the chandelier to an old 5 arm vintage one i picked up on eBay. my G'pa's drawers have moved from my daughter's room to ours.

the roof over our outdoor area makes our room quite dark, so i've used mirrors, light coloured decor and some reflective pieces to help bounce the light around a bit.
my pot of roses add a little soft colour too.

my floral bags hang within easy reach for my early Sunday morning market starts. (not that there have been many of those with all this rain!!)

the gold mirror on the far wall was a lucky find in a little op shop i discovered a couple of days before Christmas. the mirrored box is a favourite eBay find.

this is where i dump my clothes when i'm too lazy/tired to put them away ;)

before shot taken in Winter- note the extra blankets!

here's my latest coffee table. i picked this beauty up from the markets with some left over change. it was missing a leg, so my handy man made one!

i did it up in Dulux White, sanded the edges to let some of the old colour through and sealed it with Porter's Sealer.



looks nice and fresh with an old vintage doiley and some of my Nanna's tea set.


before shot

i've been wanting to do up this little side table for a while, but painting in this weather means lots of waiting in between coats! the sun peeked out a little this morning, so i got straight to it.


my Mum found this pretty round doiley in an op shop for me. it's the perfect size too!



before shot

i hope you like my 1st makeovers for 2011 :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment